Friday, April 20, 2012

Call Me Ahab

I've finally done it.  It's taken me years of searching, hunting, coming very close, being fooled, and even feeling that I had succeeded in finding my "white whale" of beauty, and I can now confidently say...I have captured it.  As many of you  know, I have forever hunted for the elusive undereye concealer that actually covers without getting cakey.  Many claim to do just that, and I can honestly tell you that 99% of them fail.  Ironically, I actually purchased my new-found gem several years ago, tried it, and RETURNED it because it was too thick.  Little did I know that it simply requires a good beauty advisor to show you the RIGHT way to use it (God love those cosmetic geniuses!  Mine is J.R. at the Kiehl's counter in the downtown Seattle Nordstrom, and not only does he shop every counter with me, but he tells me exactly what he likes and doesn't like for me.  I highly recommend enlisting him ASAP).

I know the suspense is killing you, so I will tell you that my re-discovered find is Cle de Peau Concealer.  It comes in a stick form that I'm pretty sure will last me 3 - 5 years since it only requires a small amount under each eye (which helps since it's pricey at $70...and worth every penny).  The real trick is warming it up a bit on your fingers and then just tapping it on - no brush required (a God-send for those of us who travel; not to mention, it makes a great eye shadow base too).  It works even better over a light undereye cream - I prefer Laura Mercier Flawless Skin Repair Eye Serum since it has slight light reflectors. Together, they make the perfect pair! 

I typically apply my  concealer before the rest of "my face" so it can "set" a bit.  When I'm done with the rest of my face, I go back and tap out any creases (usually minor, if any) under my eyes, and I swear, you won't see another crease all day!  Best of all, if you need a touch-up later, just brush on some YSL Touche Eclat*, and it layers beautifully! 

At long last, I can rest easy (and will now look it).  Ishmael would be so proud.
Now if I could just track down that blasted chupacabra of skin care (eye makeup remover + cleanser that doesn't require water) - let the hunt begin...


Cle de Peau Beaute Concealer
Magic K8 Ball Says: 7 (Signs Point to  Yes!)


* Touche Eclat is another fave, but with circles as dark as mine, unfortunately, it's best for layering vs full coverage (and in case you're wondering, the "drugstore"  versions of Touche Eclat don't even come close - do not waste your time or $).

No comments:

Post a Comment