Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A Tall Drink of Water

I admit it - I don't like drinking water.  It's boring and has no taste.  So trying to ensure I get all my "super healthy" water to "cleanse out the toxins" and make my skin "glow like I'm lit from within" is indeed a challenge.  You know I've tried the Mio (not a bad option), and I've learned to like tea (it's blasphemy not to drink iced tea in Texas, and God love my little Keurig for hot tea), but remembering to partake at work is such a chore.  I shun plastic water bottles (mostly because Seattle is WAY green), "reusable" restaurant cups are always sweaty (not to mention I really don't need my fellow colleagues knowing I ate at Lil' Woody's), and the plastic cups in the office kitchen are the size of shot glasses.  What's a girl to do??  Enter the Tervis tumbler.

I first saw the Tervis in a magazine ad (yes, traditional print media still actually works, especially for a marketing sucker like me).  Then my sister endorsed it as well ("You know K8, you can buy those at Bed, Bath & Beyond.") which always means it's a winner.  Basically, the Tervis is a "smart cup" that's insulated for hot or cold drinks, knows which is which, and it absolutely does not sweat!  Plus, you can order it in all sorts of fun colors, prints, or even customize it ("Drink More Water K8!").  It comes in a few different sizes, so I'd suggest at least the 16 oz, even though the 24 oz is more practical (all the 16 oz does make me get up more often and walk to the kitchen to refill it, so a little activity is probably good).  The 8 oz is basically worthless unless you need an expensive sippy cup for your kiddo.
They're not cheap (16 oz size with a lid was around $20), but so far, it's been 100% worth it.  Not only do I have a sleek purple cup on my desk that doesn't leave a soggy mess behind, but I'm also a little more motivated to keep refilling it and drinking up. And worst case, you just bought yourself a cute M&M's holder.

Magic K8 Ball Says:7 (Outlook Good)

1 comment:

  1. All four boys and I use these glasses and I gave one to mom that has the breast cancer theme. They're awesome.

    ReplyDelete