Friday, January 13, 2012

The Gym Dilemma

New job, check. New apartment, check. New boots, check. New gym...not so much. 

Sure, I can blame it on the west coast's ridiculously early sunset (darkness descends at 4:45), or my "I'm still getting settled" excuse, but I'm running out of reasons to not visit the very cool gym across from my office building. Watching all those fit people cycle and run on fancy machines does have a certain appeal (and very significant guilt factor). Plus, I realize that my short, albeit brisk walks to the bus stop do not abs of steel make. So it's time to suck it up and get the free-week pass. But for over $100/month, will I really even USE the climbing wall?  Seems I also need to check out the slightly cheaper gym closer to my apartment (which also happens to be next to a Trader Joe's, so I figure at least 45 minutes at the gym earns me some black licorice Scottie dogs or peanut butter-filled pretzel bites, right?). Hmm, if they also give me a free week, I just might be able to put off actually joining a gym for another month or so.

Of course, I hear it may snow this weekend, so maybe I'll just do another plank on my industrial carpet, follow it up with some wall squats, and settle in with a bottle of red for my much-loved Golden Globes on Sunday night.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment