Saturday, August 6, 2011

My Beauty "White Whale"

Ah yes, the elusive self-tanner.  As you know, I'm on a perpetual search for the perfect self-tanning product.  Sure, the professional air-brush tan is the only way to go for a major event, but for the day-to-day de-pale-ing of my rather fair skin, I turn to the tube/pump/bottle/spray/paint, etc..  Fortunately, self-tanners get better every year, so just when I think I've found the holy grail of faux bronzing, I'm "forced" to try the latest and greatest yet again.

For the past two years, I've been pretty satisfied with Clinique's version, although it's a bit sticky and requires long PJ pants if you're applying it before bed.  So I was excited to try Loreal's latest incarnation of bronzing gel.  I'd previously tried their Gelee which had a nice consistency but was also a bit tacky. Their newest version is a clear, quick-dry gel in a spray form, and so far, I'm hooked!  

It's easy to apply (you can spray it directly on your skin or in your hands and then on skin), it goes on extremely smoothly, and it smells lovely.  You do have to work quickly since it does dry fast (imagine, a beauty product that actually does what it says!).  But that's the best part - it literally dries within approx. 10 minutes, quick enough that I can put on clothes or PJ boxers and hit the sack with no issues.  Now, THAT's a serious improvement over the gunky stuff from the past!  

It creates a nice glow within the first couple applications and evolves into a beautiful glow over the new couple days.  Best of all, I haven't found any errant splotches or traces of the dreadful orangey-ness, and I even  used it on my arms (the ultimate test of freaky streaks).  My only complaint is that I wish they had a "Dark" version; it appears they only have "Medium" which just requires an extra day or two of applications to get the exact color I need (but thanks to the yummy smell, I really don't mind reapplying).  So get to exfoliating and start slathering up - because God knows NONE of us should be out in the sun, especially in the 100+ Dallas heat!

LOreal-Paris Clear Self-Tanning Spray Gel

Magic K8 Ball Says: 6 - Outlook Good...Happy (Safe) Tanning!

No comments:

Post a Comment