Monday, June 6, 2011

Pixie, Sassy, Edgy - No, Not the Missing Dwarves...

Nope - it's my new short haircut.  I went in for a minor trim, and next thing I know, I'm pulling out pictures of short hair styles I secretly covet and start telling my stylist to "just keep going!"  Of course, I experienced some minor regret almost immediately until I heard my sister's voice in my head yelling, "I LOVE when your hair is short!  Not many people can pull it off, so you DEFINITELY should do it!"  Whew, thanks sis.

I have to admit, it was fun at work today with all the wide-eyed reactions.  I think my favorite comment was, "Wow - you are brave!  I could never do that!"  Um, thanks, but it's not like I just marched across broken glass barefooted to take down the Rebel Force or anything.  Still, I appreciate the support.

So as I get used to it and play with every kind of hair putty, wax, cement, and glue (why do they all have to be named after industrial adhesives?),  I can justify all my new hair product and earring purchases since I'll be using the same bottle of shampoo for the next year.  Sure, I have to wear a little more makeup each day (edgy hair requires a feminine face), but those who know me also know the only thing I hoard more than hair product is beauty product, so game on!

Obviously, this will likely lead to many new product reviews, so stay posted, and for now, the Magic K8 Ball rates the new haircut as a solid 7: Signs Point to Yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment