Thursday, January 10, 2013

I'm Still Here!

Once again, I've neglected my little blog more than my hair length (which is dangerously close to growing "Carol Bradys" in back). So I hope you won't mind my new approach - bus blogging. Now that we're in a house, I have at least 20 min on the bus each way. So I'll keep these short (and thankfully you can't enjoy the various odors I'm exposed to on public transit).

I just made a quick (okay, not so quick) shoe purchase with my new shoe guy, Mark, and he enlightened me further about designer shoes and who's actually worth the investment. According to my new guru, if you're laying down the coin, go for Gucci, YSL, Prada, Celine, or Valentino. They're all well-made, reliable fashion houses, and wear well over time. Needless to say, I went in to try on Alexander Wang (pretty but not so much on me - curse of a flat foot), and I came out with Gucci.  Beautiful black pumps with a hint of sexy platform and (gasp!) a rounded toe - not typical for me, but I'm loving the change!

Bus stop is approaching so must dash, but til next time, put a lip balm in a pocket of every coat (Dad's tip that's saved me countless times), and step up to a designer shoe in 2013 - investment "peace" indeed.


No comments:

Post a Comment