Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Don't Discount Target (A K8 Flashback)

Originally published: 2/18/08

As you know, I love Target for everything from peanut M&Ms and knock-off Vitamin Water, to a $25 Mossimo dress and cheap sunglasses that are only "99% UV protected."  But I've recently discovered yet ANOTHER great thing about the Big T (I refuse to pronounce it tar-jay - it's Target, and I say it with pride).

I recently bothered some of you about whether or not I should read "The Other Boleyn Girl" (I like the idea of reading something other than chick lit or young adult books now and then).  I got a resounding YES from everyone and have been haunting my local (HUGE) 1/2 Price Books for the past month now, but they're always sold out of it (typically happens when a book becomes a movie, such as this one).  Anyway, I popped into "my" Target (NW Hwy and Lemmon), and wow, they really have a great book selection!  I picked up "Boleyn" for only $5.99 plus two other paperbacks (okay, one was a trashy romance - Lori Foster has some great male leads that are typically Ultimate Fighters, which I'm currently way into, but that's another story...).  They also have a great magazine selection, good kids/young adult books (I always get suckered into buying at least one coloring book), and obviously tons of cheapie DVDs that somehow end up in my cart (surprisingly, I still haven't actually opened the $5 copy of "Rudy" I "had to have" several months back).

Anyway, next time you head to Target for "just a couple of things" and haven't yet met your normal $100 spend, head over to the book/magazine/media section (usually at the back or far side of the store) and peruse for a bit...no doubt you'll find a cheap DVD or the latest copy of "Cat Fancy" magazine that you've been looking for.

Happy Targeting,
K8

No comments:

Post a Comment