Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Oh My Gloss!

As you know, lip gloss is one of my fave beauty products (come to think of it...most beauty products could be considered my "fave," except for maybe any lip "sloughing" stuff - it never works, always leaves gritty residue, and you'd get better results with a decent daily lip balm).  When it comes to glosses, I've tried, bought, tested, loved, hated, discarded, cherished, and recommended many different brands and price ranges (you all remember my "you must buy this!" dictate for Chantecaille's Charm gloss).  And even though I have a special love for Chanel Glossimers, lately I've become a tad disenchanted with how it tends to leak out the top (translation: impossible to throw in any handbag without discovering a new pack of gum all goopy w/gloss).

 To that end, I was determined to find a "less complex" (and cheaper) version of my beloved Chanel Twinkle gloss (it really looks great over ANY lipstick) - I needed something almost as good and certainly more portable.  Be happy, dear K8ers, because I found it!  May I introduce you to Rimmel's Stay Glossy Lip Gloss in Unlimited Gold (don't worry, it's a gorgeous pinky gold, not golden nugget bling).  Not only is it only $4.99, but it has a smooth texture (not tacky), looks lovely alone or over a lipstick, and despite the claims, it doesn't really last for hours (a "long-lasting" lip gloss?  Seriously, that just sounds gross).  I've already bought another darker color and been giddy about that one too.  And at $5 a pop, who cares if it wears off after your morning latte?  Just reapply and re-buy!


Rimmel Stay Glossy Lip Gloss
Magic K8 Ball Says:
7 (Outlook Good), but also 4 (Ask Again Later)
...because I've been burned before by judging too quickly only to be disappointed later, so I'm being cautious on this one...

No comments:

Post a Comment