Thursday, May 9, 2013

Fashion Jargon - Commuter Version

Bus Blog (Aurora Ave and Mercer)...

One of my favorite fashion sayings ever was by Ken Downing when he presented the Fall trends a few years back, and although I don't remember the designer, the trend, or even the complete sentence, I will never forget the phrase that I've now heard numerous times in my crazy retail fashion and beauty life: "...a classic aesthetic juxtaposed with chic modernity." What a yummy mix of high-scoring scrabble words!

So my commuter version today is my Gucci shoes in a Marni handbag (scored at a sample sale right around the time of aforementioned Ken presentation), wearing my Merona flats from Target, as I sit on the icky 358 bus home. I like to think I'm juxtaposing fashion sense and sensibility with unparalleled public transit odor.



No comments:

Post a Comment