Friday, November 18, 2011

I'm So Martha...(A K8 Flashback)

Originally published: 9/19/07
Update: I'm no longer as jazzed about Merona dresses, as I've discovered I can now find much better quality for only slightly more cost at Last Call!  But I still use the Blister Block, and I still think Louboutins are a bit overpriced; I've since converted almost exclusively to Stuart Weitzman (who incidentally, never requires Blister Block).

Okay, I couldn't help passing on a couple little tips I've come up with (I'm sure Martha or Heloise had these years ago, but I like to think I sort of discovered them myself)...

I just bought a couple new dresses at Target (side note - Merona has GREAT dresses, all for around $25 - throw on some Pradas with it, and no one's the wiser...except for all the girls I tell about it of course).  Anyway, on to the cheesy but useful tips...

As I was removing the extra buttons and tags, I realized that one of the tags was attached with a tiny black safety pin.  I'm using that very same pin today to keep the wrap top of the dress closed over "the girls" a bit more (proper ladies do NOT display overt cleavage at the workplace unless it's in reference to toes).  It's amazing how much better a black pin is vs. the shiny silver ones when you are attempting to keep your bosom covered. 

Regarding those extra buttons (which I keep in a little "button box" and have for years...funny how your extra buttons are around a lot longer than the actual garment), notice how they sometimes come in a tiny little ziploc bag?  These little bags are perfect for pills in your purse - you know, the extra strength Advil and Midol you would kill for on a bad headache or cramp day?  Just slip a few in the "ziploclette" (that's a mini ziploc), and put it in the secret side pocket of your handbag! 

Oh, and another quick recent discovery - Johnson's Blister Block (in the Band-aid aisle).  I've had to use it religiously to break in the Louboutins (which have disappointed me in how much they've stretched out), and it works well.  It's like a mini deodorant stick that you can rub all over your blister-prone places before and during shoe wearing, and it leaves no residue behind.  And based on my experience with expensive shoes, they should all come with a CASE of this stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment